FIVE WAYS OF COOKING A HEALTHY MEAL
Cooking a mouth watering meal that is low-fat and healthy is not the work of an accomplished chef you too can do it at home.
Always remember that a healthy meal can only be achieved if the ingredient and method of preparation is correct. Always use unsaturated fats!
Steaming is the process of cooking food in an enclosed environment using steam, usually by use of a food steamer. This method works by boiling water till it turns into steam. The steam indirectly cooks the food.
- Ensure the steamer has water. This will ensure adequate steam is easily generated to cook the food.
- Turn on the steamer.
- Prepare your ingredients and place in steamer.
- Let the food cook for 3-7 minutes depending on preference.
- Once ready, serve.
This is technique involves food being cooked in a copper chef set or gotham steel pan. The ingredients are fried in a small amount of very hot oil while being stirred. This prevents the food from sticking in the pan. The ingredients should be cut into very small many pieces so as the food is cooked thoroughly.
- Pour unrefined oil in your wok and let it heat
- Once the oil is hot add hard chopped vegetables like carrots. Stir as you make room for more.
- Add softer vegetables like Zucchini
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and when ready serve.
This is probably the simplest cooking technique for a healthy meal. Here, food is exposed to an electric stove where food is cooked by use of heat from above
- Turn on the broiler and preheat the oven for at least five minutes. Ensure a cast iron pan is inside to heat.
- Prepare your vegetables/ ingredients and place on the cast iron pan
- Place the pan in the center of the oven for uniform heating
- To ensure aeration leave the oven door slightly cracked
- Ensure to monitor food closely and serve when ready
This is the process of cooking food by exposing it to electromagnetic radiation.
- Since different foods have their own cooking time separate them accordingly
- To speed up the cooking time, cut the ingredients into smaller pieces
- Arrange the food neatly on the microwave safe plate
- Remember to cover the food before cooking it
- Turn on the microwave and place the plate inside.
- Once food is ready, leave it for five minutes for the cooking process to end
- Serve and enjoy your healthy meal
The advantage of this is that food cooked is rich in vitamins and minerals. The steam from the cooker intensifies the natural flavor of the food being cooked reducing the need to add fat for taste richness.
Use of a pressure cooker can be challenging but the tips will help you navigate this challenge.
- Turn on your cooker and refill water if necessary
- Prepare your ingredients and place in the cooker
- Ensure the lid is closed and wait for the pressure to build up
- In case the pressure exceeds the recommended level lower the heat to desired level
- Once food is ready carefully open the lid and serve
More Reviews can be found here